The Importance Hydration
Hydration is one of the most important aspects of maintaining good health and is crucial for many reasons. Our bodies rely on water, and not drinking enough water each day can significantly affect our physical and mental health. Here are some benefits of staying hydrated...
- Performance Whilst Exercising - It's essential to stay hydrated whilst working out, especially with high-intensity exercise. When we exercise, our bodies lose water, mainly through sweat and breathing. Therefore we need to ensure we are putting water back into our bodies. Without doing so, we will feel tired, and our energy levels will drop.
- Energy Levels and Brain Function - Our hydration status significantly impacts our brains. Even mild dehydration can impair energy levels, our moods and potentially lead to major reductions in brain performance.
- Prevention and Treatment of Headaches - Dehydration can trigger headaches and sometimes migraines! Drinking plenty of water may help to reduce headache symptoms.
- Weight Loss - Some evidence suggests that increasing your water intake could boost your metabolism, increasing the calories you burn daily.
It's essential to keep your body's water content topped up; to avoid dehydration. But how can we tell if we are hydrated?
- Feeling very thirsty
- Feeling tired
- A dry mouth, lips and eyes
- Headaches and dizziness
Don't Forget! Good hydration is critical to our health and keeps our bodies performing at their best!